1. Die board
2. Steel rule die
4. Material to be cut
5. Section under cutting
Unfortunately, the cutting happens not at one point, but beside the cylinder a few millimeters.
Consequently the cutting force (F) is not perpedicular to the surface there is a longitudinal component (F2) as well. This force causes the longitudinal sliding effect of the sheet to be cut in cylinder die cutters.
This sliding effect and inaccuracy depend on
- the thickness of the material to be cut
- the material of the sheet to be cut
- the diameter of the cylinder
- the angle of the tool and cylinder
- a lot of other circumstances